We are in unprecedented times and, like organisations across the country and beyond, we are adapting the way we work in response to COVID-19. We take our responsibilities to our staff and customers extremely seriously and recognise that the continuously evolving situation requires flexibility and adaptability.
Please do not come to our pub if you are feeling unwell.
UPON ENTRY: Wear your face covering
All customers must wait behind the line in the corridor upon entry to sanitise your hands and to be directed to a table. This allows staff to safely talk you through any safety information and to show you our guest ales.
You will be asked for verbal confirmation of the number of people in your party. This is to help us enforce the legal requirement that you must not visit the pub, or socialise once here, in a group of greater than 6.
Please be patient if there is a delay in finding you a table, due to the need to clean surfaces between parties. Use this time to sanitise your hands and read our customer notice.
We have a 1 way system in place for entering and leaving the premises
If you are unsure about anything, would like to see our risk assessment or have forgotten your face covering, PLEASE ASK a member of staff who will be more than HAPPPY TO HELP.
We are all responsible for each other’s safety. Staff have the right to refuse service and will ask you to leave if you do not follow social distancing and safety rules and procedures.
DURING YOUR VISIT:
- Toilets are 1 out 1 in and you must wear a face covering and sanitise your hands on entry and exit.
- Your test and trace form will be brought to you along with your drink order.
- Drinks will be served to your nearest serving table. Pay for your order via contactless payment wherever possible and collect your drinks from the serving table. Please return your empty glasses to the trays.
- DO NOT MOVE ANY FURNITURE – You will instructed to leave the premises if you do.
- Our staff members are split into two teams and are able to social distance from each other whilst working. Our serving system ensures our staff can social distance from customers also (we feel this system is safer than standard table service). Staff will be wearing face masks at all times during their shift and are instructed to wash or sanitise their hands after handling objects or touching surfaces which have come into contact with another person.
WHEN LEAVING THE PREMISES:
- Once you have finished you drinks please make your way out promptly via the beer garden gate so that the table can be sanitised ready for another customer. Leave your glasses on your table when you leave.
- Please put any used tissues or rubbish in the toilet bin.
- Exit via the gate at the bottom of the garden and sanitise your hands
COVID UPDATE From Thursday 24th September :
- We will stop serving at 9.30pm and customers must leave the premises by 10pm.
- Customers must use a face covering at all times, except when seated at a table to drink. This includes when entering and leaving the premises and when using the toilets.
- A test and trace form and sanitised pen will be brought to you along with your drinks order. The form is to be filled out at your table, by one member of your group, and posted in the box provided- by the customer toilets.
- As an alternative, we will have official NHS QR code posters on display, which you may scan using your NHS COVID-19 app in order to check in and out of the pub.
- People from different households or support bubbles meeting in a single group should remain socially distanced when using their table.
- Tables and chairs are spaced for your safety. For this reason, DO NOT move the furniture.
In the event of adverse weather conditions, we are unable to offer you shelter indoors unless social distancing can be maintained.
We have prided ourselves on our health and safety systems since reopening and we hope that you will continue to feel safe upon your visits.
OPENING TIMES UPDATE:
We are going back to our old opening times, at least something is getting back to normal!
From Saturday 26th September our serving times will be:
Saturdays 12 noon – 9.30pm
Sundays 12noon – 9.30pm
-You must have left the premises by 10pm-
You do NOT need to book if you are arriving at opening time.
If you want to book in advance please call 01904 849040 during opening times.
Bookings must follow social distancing and bubble rules, thank you.
Download a printable copy of this statement